shared-mime-info's terminology

Christian Rose menthos at menthos.com
Sun Nov 16 19:21:09 EET 2003

sön 2003-11-16 klockan 02.44 skrev Christian Neumair:
> Some days ago our translation guru over at GNOME (Christian Rose, aka
> menthos) pointed out that shared-mime-info should be translated.
> I tried to do so and noted the following:
[...]
> Although I really like the idea of a shared mime system, I fear that it
> might result in some kind of chaos if we don't have unified notation
> rules.

See https://www.redhat.com/archives/xdg-list/2003-November/msg00086.html
;-)

> I'd even volunteer for improving the situation, we just need agreements
> :)

That's excellent! You can probably start with using the guidelines for
descriptions in gnome-vfs/doc/mime-descriptions-guidelines.txt -- so far
noone has objected to using it. Also, the existing terminology and
spellings in gnome-mime-data can probably be a useful reference.

Christian