shared-mime-info's terminology

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 01:27:24 EET 2003

Hi,

I think someone on the KDE side addressed this a while ago and some fixes were
applied. Looking through the patch, I can't find fault :¬) - just to note
that we have already decided on "email" and not "e-mail" for KDE.

We also recently implemented "folder" with the understanding that it applied
to the GUI and not the CLI (where "directory" is still to be used). This has
been done for 3.2, so it'll be interesting to see what feedback we get.

The vast majority of my work with KDE is scanning through po files and fixing
the translatable strings in the source code, so although I have a decent
technical knowledge, I don't know the ins and outs of everything that goes on
behind the scenes.

Regards,
Malcolm
--