xfree86.xml: Another orphan in the block

Sergey V. Oudaltsov sergey.oudaltsov at clients.ie
Fri Nov 21 20:24:20 EET 2003

Hello all

Probably some of you are subscribed to the gnome-i18n list where people
discussed the file xfree86.xml which is produced for XFree project but
not included in their build because of intltool dependancy. Currently
this file (well, actually its components) are hosted at the sourceforge
CVS - and this module very bad translation record.

This discussion came to the conclusion that the most appropriate place
for this file is probably freedesktop.org CVS. This could simplify the
control over this file from the GNOME project perspective (and any other
project which would need the directory of available xkb configuration
options).

So I kindly ask freedesktop.org maintainers to allow me to put the
module xfree86_xkb_xml into freedesktop.org CVS. I will maintain it and
provide updates for XFree and libxklavier (this library is already
hosted at freedesktop.org - and includes this file as a fallback
solution for X servers which do not have it).

Sure, I am ready to answer any kind of questions related to this module.

Regards,

Sergey