HAL 0.1 release

Joe Shaw joe at ximian.com
Thu Oct 2 01:16:36 EEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 17:56, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> The question is, how is a utility library split out of dbus different
> from GLib?

The two main things I can think of are handling out-of-memory conditions
and not being tied to a specific main loop.  Otherwise, why did you
write those routines for dbus instead of just using glib?  I suspect
many of the same reasons apply.

I don't think they're really *that* generally useful, but there are a
lot of similar problems being solved between dbus and hal (a system
daemon, a desktop-agnostic library).

Joe