"start" or "open" command?

Jaap Karssenberg j.g.karssenberg at student.utwente.nl
Fri Oct 10 16:45:50 EEST 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:30:58 -0500 Mike Perry wrote:
: I poked around a bit for something like these and didn't find either.
: Did I overlook something? Or is it in development already somewhere?

You can use rox(1) for this <http://rox.sf.net>, it uses the mime-info
database and allows you to define handler scripts for each mime- or
media-type. There is also a perl module called File::MimeInfo::Rox on
CPAN <http://cpan.org> that mimics this behaviour.

Maybe this functionality could be made into a spec - Thomas ?

--
   )   (       Jaap Karssenberg || Pardus [Larus]
   :   :       http://pardus-larus.student.utwente.nl/~pardus