Where next?

Anthony Metcalf anthony.metcalf at anferny.ath.cx
Sun Apr 4 21:25:18 EEST 2004

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 19:25:11 -0500
Sean Middleditch <elanthis at awesomeplay.com> wrote:

> HAL doesn't mount anything.  HAL just lists the devices on the system.
Some other software that uses HAL must be installed which does the
actually mounting.  For example, gnome-volume-manager (found on gnome
FTP and CVS).

I have realised that. I have installed gnome-volume-manager, and will have
a ply with that, but I would prefure something more system wide, a daemon
possibly, so I have started looking at removing all the gnome specific
stuff and re-creating the gvm as a shell utility.

This is the first time I've done something like this though so it may go
nowhere. If I get something to a point at which others may want to look at
it, is this a good place to post about it?