gnome-volume-manager data patch.

Robert Love rml at ximian.com
Fri Apr 9 05:00:30 EEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 21:53, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> correct me if I am wrong you are designing it for
> gnome but isnt everything except the front end that is
> g-v-m not specific to gnome but easily adoptable by
> say kde or any other free desktop environment.

Sure, but it is still part of GNOME and not freedesktop, which is what I
said.

And, since g-v-m is nothing BUT a policy engine and frontend, when you
are done stripping away the GNOME bits, nothing is left.  The shared
component is HAL.  GNOME Volume Manager is the policy and GUI that GNOME
implements on top.

	Robert Love