[Registry] Re: LinuxRegistry in Freedesktop & KDE

Dorin Lazar lazar at deuromedia.ro
Tue Apr 20 08:49:06 EEST 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 22:27, Avi Alkalay wrote:
> Actually, you won't edit the files by hand. Only in emergency situations.
> The everyday usage is something like:
> bash# rg set /system/sw/XFree/current/Screen0/resolution "1024x768"
  This is a great example. It would be wonderful if you could do something
like that, but how do you actually link the key-setting to an action (which
in this case would be to make my desktop go into the resolution specified).
And in the other hand, I see you running the rg set command as root - now a
simple user who owns the display couldn't set the resolution like that? And
if he can, should it be ok for another user than the one owning the display
to change the resolution? How do you link the key-setting to the actual
ownership of the objects affected by that setting?
  Regards,
    Dorin