Mimetype Icons (Was: Shared mimetypes + activation)

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Apr 27 13:56:44 EEST 2004

I was pointed to
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xdg/2004-February/003391.html

Which says
"I think the mime type spec hints about a way to do this mapping, but i
don't know if anyone is using that. Gnome is not at least, we use a
slightly different mapping.

Mimetype image/x-foo maps to gnome-mime-image-x-foo, and if that doesn't
exist it looks for gnome-mime-image."

Which indeed seems to be the mapping used in GNOME 2.6

Cheers,
Waldo

- --
bastian at kde.org |  ...  Watch this space  ...  | bastian at suse.com