Configuration API

Lars Hallberg spam at micropp.se
Wed Apr 28 20:36:33 EEST 2004

Dave Cridland [Home] wrote:
> I'd prefer to see evidence that namespace clashes are a real and present
> problem, before splitting the namespace like that.

I think it's an exelent idé, that kan give us a common way to access the
config without steping on eachothers toes!

> Ideally, I'd like to have an application which could be built with
> 'native' support for either GNOME or KDE to be able to have identical
> configuration on both, without recourse to accessing the configuration
> by other means.

Whell, any gnome/kde enabled app dont need to go under
gnom.org/kde.org... You kan use yourapp.org to?

> Equally, there's a huge amount of configuration data which is naturally
> desktop agnostic - email related information, for instance, as well as
> addressbooks and bookmarks if we choose to go that far.

The stuff will only hapen if we agre on common configuration sematics.
Thats cool, and in that case those configs will end up under
freedesktop.org or another 'standard bodies' namespace.

No problem!