protocol handling spec?
chris at gnome-de.org
Sat Aug 7 14:30:52 EEST 2004
While we've made much progress in desktop environment-independent
handling of MIME types, that's not the case for protocol handling.
I don't know all of the requirements yet, so here are some basic
question that come in mind when talking about protocol handlers:
- protocol://path/file.doc != protocol://path/file.xls?,
i.e. should protocol handling have any relation to MIME handling?
- good idea to integrate with application .desktop files?
- how to deal with multiple handlers?
- current intermediate solution in GNOME: gconf has:
What about KDE?
- only deal with remote files? What about file://?
More information about the xdg