console/desktop integration

Maciej Katafiasz mnews22 at wp.pl
Sun Aug 8 21:04:47 EEST 2004

Dnia 08-08-2004, nie o godzinie 10:36 +0200, Dennis Heuer napisał(a):
> Sorry, didn't know where to post it.
>
> I've written an article that's in heavy dispute. Some writer told me:
> I would suggest getting your idea started as a thread on a freedeskop
> list that is relevant, or a gnome list. Your going to do your idea a
> disservice if you get too hung up on specific implementation details
> before the 'right' people get a chance to be sold the importance of
> addressing the problem raised in the article.
> So, ok, I try to pronounce my article here:
>
> Console and Desktop Shaking Hands
> http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/1267/

There is already a project aiming at just this,
http://eventuality.freedesktop.org , using DBUS. As a side note, what's
proposed in article, using magic parameters, is pretty naive approach,
having number of weak points, as knipknap already pointed out in
comments on gnomedesktop.org (http://www.gnomedesktop.org/article.php?
thold=-1&mode=nested&order=0&sid=1907)

Cheers,
Maciej