keyboard shortcuts

Claes Holmerson claes at it-slav.net
Wed Aug 11 20:51:30 EEST 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Martin Konold wrote:

> Am Wednesday 13 August 2003 20:18 schrieb Marko Macek:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Shift+Arrow is a text selection key (works in mozilla). IMO a bad idea
> > for tab switching.
>
> 1. Text selection with the keyboard makes only sense after using the _mouse_
> to explicitly put the focus on the text area.

I don't understand what you mean here. Surely text selection with the
keyboard is useful also when focus has been put there by other means, such
as tabbing?

> 2. How often do you switch tabs compared to keyboard text selection in
> Mozilla?

This is surely something that varies greatly between users,
but in cases where Mozilla is used as user interface for web applications
such as webmail, I think text selection is with the keyboard is an important use case.

Personally I think switching tabs within an application is similar to
using alt-tab for switching between applications.

Claes