Media/Device Type Spec???

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu Aug 19 14:07:53 EEST 2004

On Thursday 19 August 2004 12:03, Dave Cridland wrote:
> The upshot of this is that some service types are more specific
> versions of others, potentially. How compatible do you think this
> concept is with existing usage of KDE's service types?

Wrt to more specific versions of others, we have service type inheritance
which allows to create specialized service types.

We don't have a good solution for the "http-URI is actually subversion"
problem. For WebDAV we have created a separate webdav-URI to be able to
distinguish the different capabilities in comparison to common http.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian at kde.org  |   KDE Community World Summit 2004  |  bastian at suse.com