Vertical retrace syncing with X

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Thu Aug 26 17:06:35 EEST 2004

Hi,

This list is the wrong one, you want either the xorg list or lkml.

Having said that, I think the problem with vertical retrace is that the
information isn't available to the X server either: the kernel needs to
expose the event, perhaps by letting apps block on a file descriptor
until the vertical retrace interval begins. So maybe you should talk to
the kernel people?