Trash mechanism

Lars Hallberg spam at micropp.se
Thu Aug 26 19:52:45 EEST 2004

Alexander Larsson wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 12:49, David Faure wrote:
>

>Nautilus does in fact have a preference called "Include a Delete command
>that bypasses Trash" that lets you get both operation. But in my opinion
>thats not a very elegant solution. You force the user to learn the
>difference and think about which one to use when they delete files.
>Which one does KDE bind to the delete key btw? Thats likely to be used
>often (without thinking about which form of delete that causes).

Sounds a bit evil. If I as a user lern that deleted files is recoverble,
then I will soner or later curse that UI if they sometimes silently is
not! Att least some hint, like the menuitem changing from trash to
delete, preferably with som varning like ikon, to signal that in this
case the file will not be recovarable.

Personly, I would like 3(!) options - delete, trash and shreed :-)

/LaH