More on hotplug issue w/HAL
matt at aclaro.com
Tue Jan 13 19:56:44 EET 2004
David Zeuthen wrote:
> Thanks a lot, it looks good, I've applied it. Sorry about the big delay
> this time.
I had one further question about the way I did things in my patch.
To allow the I2C devices to connect, I needed to force the I2C class
devices to appear at certain parts of the tree. Would the ideal
solution be to do the following instead?
1. Scan all of the class devices, add them to the tree without
- This would use the same method of scanning that currently exists.
2. Scan the root devices tree, adding all of the devices.
- Use the class devices as parents if necessary.
- If a class device is encountered, re-parent it and continue
3. Remove any class devices that were not re-parented.
I think things would work okay as they are right now with hotplugging.
This would ensure that things are done in the right order for the
initial scan, however.
More information about the xdg