[admin] List move from RHAT to pdx

Marc Mutz mutz at kde.org
Sun Jan 25 15:36:55 EET 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 01:53, Daniel Stone wrote:
>  With this comes a minor
> change: message-bus-list is now known as 'dbus', and xdg-list as
> 'xdg', which may break some filters. Sorry about that. You should be
> filtering on '^X-BeenThere: xdg at freedesktop.org$'.

No, you should be filtering according to the standard
  List-id contains "<xgd-list.freedesktop.org>"
where that token is supposed to stay constant even on list renames or
moves from one server to the other (RFC 2919). I know, though, that
mailman is broken in that respect (you can't configure the list-id).

But I think it's important to tell people that List-ID is in fact an
IETF proposed standard and not a mailman-private thing, even though the
mailman developers treat it like this (the latest version omits the
non-optional angle-brackets in the list-id header when the optional
description is empty).

Marc

PS: At least you don't use mailman 2.1.x, so the signature on this mail
stands a chance to reach the recipients intact.

--
Kight, Khis Kay KDE Krogramms Kre Kasier Ko Kdentify; Gnome Grograms
Gn Ghe Gther Gand Gtart Gith G.