Accessing remote devices

Marco Canini marco.canini at
Sat Jan 31 14:43:45 EET 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 05:56, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 16:49, Marco Canini wrote:
> > Take care of figuring out what's the real role of d-bus for the future
> > and don't reinvent the wheel.
> Heh, I think you'll have Michael pretty annoyed with that comment ;-)

Well, it's not my intention :-)
I agree with him, but what I really would not like to see is a great
confusion on ORBIt downgraded to D-BUS when then KDE's not going to use
In that case I prefer to leave D-BUS logically simple, and every DE with
its own IPC infrastructure.

> D-BUS is pretty clearly the newcomer system here.

Also here, even if i still have problem with the utopia chain