Cache directory tagging proposal, version 0.2

Bryan Ford baford at mit.edu
Fri Jul 23 01:19:36 EEST 2004

For those interested, I have updated my cache directory tagging proposal to
"version 0.2" based on feedback on this list and elsewhere.  Again, it's at:

        http://www.brynosaurus.com/cachedir/

While nothing really substantive has changed in this version, I've fleshed out
the introduction and Alternative Approaches sections, particularly in order
to clarify the reasons it is not sufficient just to standardize the locations
where applications place their caches, but also to address other concerns and
issues that have been brought up.  Again, comments most welcome.

Thanks!
Bryan