Xinerama & OpenGL: The Cairopocalypse?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Mon Jun 7 16:48:13 EEST 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 12:53:24PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > It should actually be pretty easy now that we have the XRANDR
> > extension, as it defines the message that should be sent to migrated
> > windows giving them their new root window info and Xlib has already
> > been modified to respond to these messages appropriately.  I wrote a
> > message to the X mailing list a while ago about it...
>
> Are you sure this is needed at all? GTK+ does at least signal me when
> the screen for a widget changed. So this seems to be possible already
> without any changes to X.

GTK actually has special code in it which creates a whole new window on
the other screen and destroys the old one, recreating the appropriate
resources. Unless we want to rewrite every X app to be able to do this
(or play some nasty tricks in an Xlib shim), fixing it in the server
seems like the best way to go.
        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈