[Fwd: buglet on website]

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Mon Jun 21 18:54:42 EEST 2004

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:45:48 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 04:33 +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > As sitewranglers is an admin-only list, and we have a surplus of admins,
> > I discarded the request. Colin Charles regularly moderates xdg.
>
> OK, it seems mailman doesn't notify you if a subscription request is
> discarded. I assumed it just hadn't been seen yet.

Oh, we've got a list that's a black-hole from the user's point-of-view?

That's no fun for users.

I can appreciate the (infrequent) need for admins to communicate
privately among themselves. But I don't think that should be the same
address that users should be expected to use to contact the admins,
(which should be a list with open subscription and public archives).

Or do we already have a public list for talking to admins, and I just
erred in pointing Mike to sitewranglers?

-Carl