Mime-typed clipboard standard

pmatias pmatias at bol.com.br
Tue Jun 29 23:28:22 EEST 2004

We should have a standard for cut and paste any data,
such as hypertext and images. The X clipboard
explanation says that the SECONDARY area don't have an
interesting use. I propose the following standard in
this document:

* The PRIMARY and CLIPBOARD areas will be filled with
plain text. It should be filled with the correspondent
non-formatted text when copying hypertext, for
maintaining compatibility with other programs.

* The SECONDARY area will be filled when non-plain text
data is explicitly copied. It could be defined as
follows: mime-type (null-terminated string) + data.
line".

It's essential to define a standard of this kind. Then
the users will be able, for example, to copy formatted
text and images in Mozilla and paste directly in OpenOffice.

Thanks,
Paulo Matias

AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!
http://antipopup.uol.com.br/