RPMs and *.desktop files

George jirka at 5z.com
Thu Mar 4 22:11:36 EET 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 06:48:24PM +0100, Julius Schwartzenberg wrote:
> SUSE 9.0 does already have a Languages menu. It is logical that it
> wouldn't query for Languages but only for X-KDE-Edu-Language and
> X-SuSE-Language to fill it's Languages menu?

Not sure exactly, I can't actually see why there's a KDE specific category
for something that could be served by just including both categories and a
SuSE category that just replicates a standard category.  Perhaps they mean
something else.  Not sure, seems crackish to me.

> I could of course add those categories to my *.desktop files, but this
> doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Why not, pragmatically, just add all the categories that fit, even if they
are suse/kde specific, they don't hurt on systems that use only standard
categories as long as you include those as well.

George

--
George <jirka at 5z.com>
                       -- Pablo Picasso