General sandbox specs?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Mar 12 21:14:12 EET 2004

> DirectFB might be an option, as You then can get Your own fullscreen on
> Your own wc as I understand. But then You have to exit X (to my
> understanding, X and DirectFB cant run at once) to run accelerated in
> fullscreen :-(

Depends.  XDirectFB uses the directfb backend to emulate a hardware
device.  With the fusion kernel module, directfb apps can then run
together, so you can run XDirectFB (which by itself can run most X apps
inside its process) and other directfb apps together.

So, if your X server would also have a directfb driver, this probably
could work.

Thomas

And every time she sneezes
I think it's love and oh lord