i18n stuff

Warren Turkal wt at midsouth.rr.com
Tue Mar 16 15:53:07 EET 2004

Has anyone considered making a standardized configuration file for i18n so
that people can change there internationalization without having to set
environment vars in login scripts? For instance, how do I change the
overriding locale (LANG in the env vars) within X without having to restart
the X session after editing my .xsession script to manually set LANG. KDE
seems to provide a level of this functionality. I am wondering if there is
a desktop neutral way so that all my desktops can be configured from one
place.

The same thing might be useful for proxy configuration.

wt
--
Warren Turkal
President, GOLUM, Inc.