Privacy

George jirka at 5z.com
Fri Mar 19 21:28:25 EET 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 05:46:04AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > El vie, 19-03-2004 a las 12:44, Jeff Waugh escribió:
> >
> >> Red Hat user, perchance? :-)
> >
> > Yes.
>
> > (how did you guess I was a fedora user?)
>
> Because GDM already has around 90% of what you suggested, but Red Hat have
> always kept the flexiserver menu items hidden. :-)

90%?  It does 100% of what he asked for.  Not as nice as it should be, but
especially in the 2.6 version it is already quite usable.  I'm especially
proud of 'pointer twiddling' to trigger the xscreensaver lock dialog, that's
my favourite evil hack.  Now if you do switch user it will offer you a list
of running sessions.  The only thing that's utterly ugly is the xscreensaver
locking is so utterly evil and ugly and horrible and (I don't need to
continue I don't think).  Anyway the GDM side has been there for quite a
while.  The gdmflexiserver side has improved in 2.6, and xscreensaver is the
last piece of the puzzle on the non-X side.  X still has some issues here,
which are semi-minor for simple home use, hopefully those will also get
solved soon.  For short term ease of use problems, xscreensaver is the worst
offender (and redhat for turning off the flexiserver menuitems :)

George

--
George <jirka at 5z.com>
   Miau miau, zikala kocicka dyz hapala do studne.