Privacy

Christopher Browne gnucash at cbbrowne.com
Sat Mar 20 02:21:21 EET 2004

> And, as Linas points out, it's much better to take a generic approach to
> this rather than a GnuCash-specific hack.  It should probably be part of
> Gnome or maybe even more generic than that - a standalone lib for other
> applications to use.  It'll be simple enough.

A model to think of might be that of ssh-agent.  (Conceivably that might
be a relevant tool to actually _use_, but I'll not assume that...)

The idea of ssh-agent is that you start it at the start of a session,
perhaps doing some authentication to get things started, and can then
add keys to it that allow automated authentication of later activities.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ntlug.org"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/nonrdbms.html