add media type to hal

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Thu Mar 25 19:35:13 EET 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 12:11 -0500, Robert Love wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 10:21, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> > This page has some explanations of the different kinds of Mixed mode
> > CDs:
> > http://www.indigorose.com/webhelp/ams50/How_do_I/Create_a_mixed-mode_CD.
> > htm
> >
> > I think it would be best to tag the CD Extra as mixed as well.
>
> Fine with me, so long as these CD's really have both data tracks (e.g.,
> I can mount it as iso9660) and audio tracks (e.g. I can run a CD player
> on it).
>
> What policy does magicdev follow?

That's the equivalent code in magicdev:

        case CDS_MIXED:
                app_device_ask_mixed (dev, ai);
                break;

        case CDS_DATA_1:
        case CDS_DATA_2:
        case CDS_XA_2_1:
        case CDS_XA_2_2:
                app_device_mount (dev, ai);
                break;

I guess one would need to investigate what the CDS_XA_2_* really
means ;)

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it was
just some bastard with a torch, bringing me more work.