Translating freedesktop software (was Re: shared-mime-info 0.14 released)

Ole Laursen olau at hardworking.dk
Thu Mar 25 23:57:18 EET 2004

Jonathan Blandford <jrb at redhat.com> writes:

> Ole Laursen <olau at hardworking.dk> writes:

[...]

>> So what's the status i18n-wise? There's no update in the GNU
>> Translation Project? Should I try to get write access to the
>> Freedesktop repository instead to keep the Danish translation updated?
>
> Grr.. I can't figure out to update the .pot file there, and quite
> frankly, I forgot to update the pot file.  I do update the pot files as
> they arrive, though it's possible I missed one.
>
>> If the project has been scrapped in the TP, please remove it from there.
>
> It's currently the 'correct' way to translate this package, but I'm
> hating it.  If we can find a way to get translators access to CVS I'd be
> all for it.

It's fine with me - I hate the robot too. Who do I nag? Havoc?

The thing is that this is becoming a hot avocado. GNOME 2.6 is out
soon, and Nautilus is going to look suboptimal without the translated
file types.

One problem with dropping the Translation Project is the lack of
status pages. But perhaps we can persuade Carlos of the GNOME
translation status pages fame to extend his magic to Freedesktop too.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/