menus code in desktop-file-utils

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Nov 11 17:39:30 EET 2004

Hi there,
	Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested.

	I've removed the menus implementation from desktop-file-utils and
released 0.10 since the menus code is now in GNOME itself. Since all the
menu related stuff seemed either GNOME specific or unused, I thought it
was worthwhile making desktop-file-utils into a small collection of
.desktop file related utilities again. It now contains only
desktop-file-install, desktop-file-validate and update-desktop-database.

	If there's genuine interest in having some widely applicable utilities
related to .menu files available - e.g. to convert to a legacy style
menu tree - then we can certainly figure something out.

Cheers,
Mark.