Common main loop: Qt ported to glib main loop (experimental)

nf nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Thu Nov 25 21:52:21 EET 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 17:41, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Come on! I thought Qt was GPLed. And whats the whole
> > point of free
> > software? That i need a written statement from the
> > Trolltech management
> > to be allowed to change Qt? No way!
>

> I never said the license didnt allow it. But just
> because you have the freedom to do it doesnt mean its
> advisable to do so or even necessary.
>
> It would be much better to get Trolltech involved with
> any effort to change the toolkit in any drastic way
> rather than forking it.

Well, i wouldn't call it a "drastic" change. I have written the
fksel-adapter in three days and the QEventloop-patch in a single day.
And it's already playing the Qt-examples on top of glib main loop.

But i think you are right with telling Trolltech and the Qt-Community
about the project. I just forwarded my mail to
http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/

Regards,

Norbert