different menu hierarchies in GNOME and KDE ?

Roman Rudenko rr at sot.com
Sun Oct 10 17:21:25 EEST 2004

Hello,

I checked the specification and unfortunatelly couldn't find out if it
is possible to have different menu hierarchies in GNOME and KDE. Is
there a possibility to load different menu hierarchies depending on the
desktop manager ? Actually in GNOME environment I need to have gnome
applications in Main menus and kde applications in More submenus. Vice
versa for KDE - kde applications in main menus and gnome applications in
more menus.
The only familiar feature I could find is ShowOnlyIn key for desktop
files, but usage of the key removes the entry from a menu completely
what I don't need.

Thank you in advance.
br
--
Roman Rudenko
Junior Software Engineer

SOT Finnish Software Engineering Ltd.
Kreutzwaldi 7-4, 10124, Tallinn, Estonia

Phone:  +372 641 9975
Fax:    +372 641 9876

http://www.sot.com/
Roman.Rudenko at sot.com