fd.o HIG

Alex Perez aperez at student.santarosa.edu
Fri Oct 22 00:23:10 EEST 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Hi
>

> > I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this is
> > a waste of time.
> > The differences between KDE and GNOME are huge.
> > What about other
> > desktop environments, like ROX?  GNUStep?  Are you
> > going to include the
> > Aqua HIG and Windows Style Guidelines as well?
>

> No. I am not going to include rox or gnustep. we arent
And why the hell not? They are desktop environments as well? (GNUstep is
arguably not) Or have you taken to issuing fatwas on what does and does
not constititute a desktop environment? GNUstep does have a HIG spec, we
use NeXT's HIG because it's sane.

Alex Perez
GNUstep.org maintainer
GNUstep marketing