Trash specification, version 0.1

David Faure dfaure at
Thu Sep 9 20:19:46 EEST 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 13:12, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> We should specify exactly what permissions such an admin created
> toplevel trash should have too. I think rwxrwx-wt is right. I.e. write,
> execute for others and sticky bit set.

That's probably the best permissions to give to the .Trash directory,
but the minimum requirements are -------wt, right?

I mean the implementation should require that at least S_IWOTH | S_IXOTH | S_ISVTX are set,
and it's a directory, and it's not symlink, and owned by uid==0. Does that look right?

David Faure, faure at, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE,
Konqueror (, and KOffice (