Trash specification, version 0.1

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Sep 10 13:36:46 EEST 2004

On Friday 03 September 2004 14:06, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > OK. I was wrong about the mimetype-sniffing: this one can end up with
> > application/x-desktop, this is exactly why we have a single mimetype
> > for any Type of desktop file. It's the code that does stuff with the
> > desktop files (launching, renaming etc.) which should check the Type.
>
> I of course cannot affect how you use desktop files in KDE. I just think
> it feels wrong to specify in a freedeskop standard that you're supposed
> to use desktop files in a way that is not shown in the freedesktop
> standard for desktop files.

I agree. I think they can use the same .ini-style syntax as .desktop files but
the rest of the spec (the meaning of the fields) is rather irrelevant here. I
also suggest to use an extension other than .desktop to make this clear.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian at kde.org  |   Novell BrainShare Europe 2004   |  bastian at suse.com