Trash spec 0.4

David Faure dfaure at trolltech.com
Sun Sep 12 18:40:49 EEST 2004

On Friday 10 September 2004 03:10, Lars Hallberg wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
>
> >>OK, if it can't be restored to its original location, thats OK, but I
> >>sure want a save dialog or something - being able to untrash trash is a
> >>critical operation for the users trust in the desktop!
> >>

> >Well if the restore operation doesn't work you can always simply drag-n-drop
> >the file from trash:/ to whereever you want it - I implemented that in KDE.
> >

> Good enuff! Atleast if explenad in the error notice on the failed
> restore. Else it might be a to hidden feature (but it's pretty obvius to
> try and drag the file).

This error appears when a file can't be restored because the destination directory doesn't exist anymore:
"The directory %1 does not exist anymore, so it is not possible to restore this item to its original location. "
"You can either recreate that directory and use the restore operation again, or drag the item anywhere else to restore it."