Desktop Notifications Spec 0.3

Christian Hammond chipx86 at gnupdate.org
Thu Sep 16 07:30:13 EEST 2004

Hey everyone.

Mike Hearn and I are announcing version 0.3 of the desktop
notifications spec today. We're hoping for some discussion on it, as
some details will still need to be worked out. For the most part,
though, we feel this is nearly ready for use. Any implementations
using it now shouldn't have to change a whole lot by the time we have
the final draft.

We are not providing reference implementations at this time, as Mike
is working on those but is for the most part without a network
connection for the next couple of weeks.

The specification is currently available at:

http://galago.sourceforge.net/notification-spec/

We are hoping that applications will start experimentally using the
specification so that real-world tests can be done.

Thanks,

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 at gnupdate.org      <>  http://galago.sourceforge.net/