Desktop Notifications Spec 0.3

Luca Cappelletti luca.cappelletti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 16:57:21 EEST 2004

Hello,

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:30:13 -0700, Christian Hammond
<chipx86 at gnupdate.org> wrote:
> Hey everyone.
>
> Mike Hearn and I are announcing version 0.3 of the desktop
> notifications spec today. We're hoping for some discussion on it, as
> some details will still need to be worked out. For the most part,
> though, we feel this is nearly ready for use. Any implementations
> using it now shouldn't have to change a whole lot by the time we have
> the final draft.

About tha 'Markup' section I think that the implementation has to
start immediatly with  a more rich subset of XHTML with the capability
to parse and show a CSS style rule.
I think the actual (but we are in 0.3 ok!) implementation is not
scalable into some, we don't know what, future necessity.
Could be that the Notification field doesn't stop just to notify
simple events, but become a 2 way communication stream.

Aboutn 'Notification Types' you start right.
I think we have to provide the capability to third parties integrator
to simply extend this attributed using an RDF description or something
very closed to.
You cannot hard code all the real necessity but, as you already do,
you can propose a minimal set tha has to be simply extensible by third
parties.

<snip>

> Thanks,
>
> Christian