Fwd: Re: tigert's mockups and HTML

Bryan Clark bclark at redhat.com
Sun Sep 26 12:13:04 EEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 17:08 -0400, Franco Catrin wrote:

> A solution for this should be an HIG entry for notifications, but I
> don't see the point of enforcing a particular HTML formatting in
> notification's client applications

[snip]

> Then, the HIG and/or the notification spec should say what tags should
> be included in the notification.  Theme authors should provide the XSL
> for their theme, solving the problem of consistency between the
> notification presentation and the desktop theme.

The HIG tries to refrain from any recommendations based on technologies
such as HTML or XML or frobnicators.  We leave that up to design specs
to figure out what best to implement things in.  What the HIG would
outline is how notifications interact with users and possibly guideline
their appearance.

Cheers,
~ Bryan