dvfs api and toolkits

Nate Nielsen nielsen-list at memberwebs.com
Tue Apr 5 06:34:52 EEST 2005

Sean Middleditch wrote:
>>I think seeking is needed for other things in documents - PDF's perhaps?
>
> And this is why I'm looking for input from application authors and not
> discussion on daemons and protocols.  ;-)

A data point for you...

In other words for Seahorse (GNOME public key encryption interface) to
use this new D-VFS properly, it would need seek support. I don't think
this is seek on write though.

When you plug the GPGME library into a custom 'data handler' (ie: for
encrypting, decrypting, signing, verifying files over a VFS) four
operations are (currently) needed:

read, write, seek, close

Cheers,
Nate