dvfs api and toolkits

Jamie McCracken jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 17:08:42 EEST 2005

Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 14:20 +0100, Jamie McCracken wrote:
>
>>Do you mean should the backend drivers be GObjects?
>

> No.  I was referring to whether the client-side API be focused around
> interfaces and querying,  How the backends are implemented have zero
> impact on the client API since the backends will only be interacted with
> through the IPC mechanism.

okay, sorry.

I would however encourage you to implement the client side as full OO as
GNOME is already moving in the direction of making documents first class
objects.

I also see the API as being much more pleasant with objects. EG take a
document object it might have methods load/save/cancel associated with
itself and signals/events for Document_Loaded and Document_Saved which
means you can avoid exposing a nasty async API and keep everything KISS.

jamie.