DConf configuration system

Patrick Patterson ppatters at nit.ca
Wed Apr 6 20:53:19 EEST 2005

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 13:31, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 19:10 +0200, Buola Buola wrote:
> > I will check this project. Anyway, I think that what we should do, is
> > creating a common DBus API, then it really doesn't matter how it is
> > implemented as long as the implementation works and conforms to the
> > API, and we need to make the Gnome and KDE who can decider whether to
> > adopt it happy with it. Once there is a DBus API spec which has all
> > the functionality, we can see if the existing projects can be easily
> > adapted to use it. It's not a problem if it is written in C++, as the
> > DBus API will be totally language-independent.
>
> Excellent idea.  :)
>
> Hacking a quick prototype server to experiment with the API during
> design wouldn't be a bad idea either.  Implementation details wouldn't
> matter, it'd just be for API design assistance.

Why not base it on the current UniConf DBus protocol? That way, you don't have
to do any work at all :) The server is already written for you :)

Avery: Do you happen to have it published anywhere other than in the Project
Unity source?

Patrick Patterson
Net Integration Technologies R&D
http://open.nit.ca/