An analysis about a generic desktop application configuration management system

Richard Moore rich at xmelegance.org
Tue Apr 12 01:27:09 EEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 11:48:11PM +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 22:12 +0100, Richard Moore wrote:
>

> > >       * Glib and GObjects (chosen because it eases the creation of
> > >         interoperable libraries)
> >
> > Over my dead body.
>
> Are you suggesting that the people who are planning to make this project
> happen should kill you first? :-)

Well, you could try convincing me first. ;-)

> I don't think those people are in need of your approval. So I'm sorry to
> tell you that those people (including me) aren't going to wait for your
> dead body nor your approval to use Glib.

Well, I've been working on KDE for quite some time, so I think I might
have a reasonable idea how a lot of the developers feel. Of course you
don't need to wait for my approval, but you might want to consider what
the other KDE people think about your proposal.

Cheers

Rich.