DConf Database Suggestion

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at gnome-db.org
Tue Apr 12 19:53:19 EEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 14:41 +0200, Kristof Vansant wrote:
> Looks like it also has ldap support :D
unfortunately, the LDAP support is just experimental. On the other side,
it should be pretty easy to make the LDAP backend work.

> To bad that the documentation on http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/ is down
> at the moment.
yes, sorry, we had problems regenerating the website when commits
arrive. We are trying to fix it. For the time being, you can look at the
documentation included in the tar.gz.

>  But I wonder how it handles threads and if it supports
> rollbacks when the backend supports it.
it should support threads, although some things might need fixing. About
rollbacks, yes, it does support it for backends that support it.

> Also do I wonder how big the memory usage is and how fast it is.
the memory usage should be pretty small, and the speed, quite good.
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at gnome-db.org>