Bringing fdo.org to the next level

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Apr 15 15:35:56 EEST 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 11:11, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> This might create an immense provocation and/or discussions. I sincerely
> hope this will not happen.
>
> I propose that the freedesktop.org organisation goes one step further in
> how it works.
>
> My proposal is to create a board:

Let's not do that.

> The members of such a board, however, could pick the most interesting topics
> and the most interesting point of views and discuss them in meetings.

Yes, and then they all agree on something and make a powerpoint presentation
to tell everyone else and then the discussion will start from the start again
because everyone who wasn't involved finds flaws in the proposal, just
doesn't like it, doesn't understand the reasoning for decissions and think
it's all motivated by the hidden agenda of company BigFooBar.

Not to mention the inability of a project like KDE to agree on which person(s)
would be suitable to represent KDE, the unwilingness of those persons to
commit to such a board position and the months of discussion that that
process would take.

So no, I don't think that's a good idea.

Cheers,
Waldo