Bringing fdo.org to the next level

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Apr 15 15:40:02 EEST 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 13:13, Ely Levy wrote:
> > Can you explain what you think the current problems are with the current
> > organisation, and what a new organisation would do to resolve those
> > problems ? Your proposition sounds a lot like LSB to me and it was clear
> > here that this is not the way freedesktop wants to work.
>
> There is no origanisation. I have no problem with how fd.o is now,
> a hosting site. I'm trying to show the advantages that org which work
> more activly like OASIS or LSB can have. We need one which would be
> dedicated to free desktop.

I think it makes sense to identify which specifications have been widely
adopted and to agree on a spec by spec basis to move them out of "draft"
status and offer them for inclusion into a future LSB version.

I noticed a mail coming by earlier this week were someone already listed
several specs that seem to meet the above criteria.

Cheers,
Waldo