Bringing fdo.org to the next level

Ely Levy elylevy-xserver at cs.huji.ac.il
Fri Apr 15 17:02:54 EEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Lars Hallberg wrote:

> Ely Levy wrote:
>
> >I have a better question,
> >what is the harm in trying?
> >It's like writing code if it works it works and if not
> >we move on to next idea.
> >

> How about "if it aint broken, don't fix it"?

since nither kde or gnome is broken how about lets
stop developing them?
Why do we need to advance if we have something working?
(It's not ment as flame but as metaphor)

> My impression is that if both Gnome and KDE adopt a standard, it is in a
> prety strong position. I think this informal open dialog is the best
> metod to get that to hapen!

If you think KDE and gnome has that much power over the community
it even makes more sense to create a body to keep the balance.

> Howewer, some formal metode for 'blessing' the standards that have
> reached that strong position alredy would probably be good.

That exactly what I mean:)

> /LaH

Ely