Bookmarks shared among desktop environments

Jamie McCracken jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 19:00:49 EEST 2005

Christian Neumair wrote:
> I've recently decided to implement a D-Bus-powered bookmarks system,
> which aims to provide categorized file and web bookmarks.

  Whilst not wishing to put you off implementing this, I was kinda
hoping something like DConf will do away with propriety storage (dot
files, xml files and all the other crap freedesktop currently uses). Is
there a reason DConf could not handle the bookmarks?

(of course Dconf is vapour ware, might not be ready for months or years
and might not even succeed so dont let that stop you!)

jamie.