Bookmarks shared among desktop environments

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Tue Apr 19 00:20:50 EEST 2005

On Monday 18 April 2005 23:13, Jamie McCracken wrote:
> Jakub Stachowski wrote:
> >>Its nice to have notifications for bookmarks when they change (Nautilus
> >>already does this - so all nautilus windows have up to date bookmarks).
> >
> > dnotify/inotify/fam + wrapper for your desktop environment (kdirwatcher
> > for kde, don't know what for gnome)
>
> not a freedesktop compliant solution then? (its gnome-vfs btw for gnome).
>
> Now what if you use neither gnome or kde?
I guess not only gnome and kde have methodes to monitor files, and such a
common location for the bookmarks file would be imho a step into the right
direction, which needs no big technical changes but just some standardisatio

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org